Physiotherapists are experts on movement and function. We are university-trained and have advanced understanding of how the body moves, what keeps it from moving and how to restore mobility. Think of physiotherapists as your body mechanics: we keep you moving for life.
Is Physiotherapy for Me?
Your physiotherapist at Active Living Physiotherapy is skilled at assessing and
treating the following conditions:
Your physiotherapist can also help you to prevent most of the above conditions
- sports injuries
- neck and back pain
- sprains and strains
- pre- and post-natal problems and other women’s health conditions
- post-operative (after surgery)
- post-joint replacement surgery
- repetitive strain injuries/overuse injuries
- traumatic injuries
by offering advice on posture, exercise, workplace and lifestyle habits.
At Active Living Physiotherapy your therapist works as part of a team, communicating with you and your other health-care providers or coaches/trainers. The success of your physiotherapy program requires your commitment: you will probably be required to participate in an exercise program or some modifications to your postural or lifestyle habits. Your dedication to this homework will help you improve more quickly and achieve your goals as soon as possible.
What to expect
To ensure your time in therapy and at home is used effectively to reach your goals, your therapist will
At Active Living Physiotherapy our therapists keep up to date with the latest in medical and sports science research to help us select treatments that have been scientifically proven to help your condition. This is called evidence-based practice.
- assess your symptoms;
- diagnose your condition;
- devise a treatment plan and treat your condition;
- continually evaluate the effect of treatment on your condition and adjust the treatment plan if necessary;
- help you to manage your condition to prevent re-occurrence of problems;
- communicate with any other health professionals involved with your condition, such as your doctor, to ensure a united approach to achieving your goals
Some of the treatments that your therapist at Active Living Physiotherapy may use include:
Copyright Active Living Physiotherapy 2015
2-2380 S.Island Hwy. Campbell River, BC V9W 1C3 778.420.0111
- mobilization or manipulation of joints;
- individual therapeutic exercise;
- therapeutic modalities (ultrasound and electric muscle stimulation);
- advice and education;
- postural analysis;
- sports taping;
- sports massage and soft tissue techniques;
- video running gait analysis;
- Functional Movement Screen- a body “check- up"