Registered Physiotherapist, MPT, BSc
Jennifer is currently on Maternity Leave
Jennifer is a graduate of the University of British Columbia where she completed her Masters in Physical Therapy. Raised in Campbell River, and an islander at heart, she is pleased to work in both private and public practice in her home community. Since becoming a mother herself, Jennifer has a special interest in working with 0-18 year olds with musculoskeletal injuries. She also has training in concussion management, vestibular disorders (dizziness or vertigo) and Functional Dry Needling (IMS).
Jennifer is excited to be part of the team at Active Living Physiotherapy where she can provide quality and client-centered care. When not helping people in the clinic she can be found with her husband and son walking their very big friendly dog in the trails or hitting the slopes at Mt. Washington in the winter.
- Bachelor of Science (Honors) (2010)
- Masters of Physical Therapy (2015)
- Works part-time at Campbell River General Hospital with experience in rehabilitation following joint replacements, hip and shoulder fractures, stroke, and general deconditioning.
- Over five years of research experience at the University of Victoria, Simon Fraser University and at the BC
Cancer Agency. Topics ranging from blood pressure effects on kidney function, effects of exercise and other lifestyle choices for people with colorectal cancer, and perceptions of telerehabilitation in people following stroke
- Passion for global health initiatives – has volunteered in both Tanzania, Africa and rural India
Recent Continuing Education Courses
- Infant Motor Milestones (2021)
- Concussion Management (2018, 2021)
- CPA Orthopedic Division Manual Therapy Level 2 (2018)
- Vestibular Rehabilitation (2018)
- Concussion: What about the Neck? (2017)
- Functional Dry Needling Level 1 (2017)
- New mom to wonderful son Malcom and owner of a very big, friendly dog
- Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro, Africa (5895m)
- Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors- Level 1 Instructor
- Enjoys being active outdoors skiing, snowboarding, biking, swimming, running and hiking
Photo Credit: RAD Media