Sonja began her educational pursuits studying Immunology and Infection at the University of Alberta. After completing her undergraduate degree (2013), she went on to get her Masters in Physical Therapy at the University of Alberta (2016).
Since graduating, she has not stopped learning and has taken numerous post graduate courses in orthopaedics, manual therapy, acupuncture, pelvic health, pelvic pain, Integrated Systems Model (ISM) with Diane Lee, cranial sacral therapy, visceral manipulation and more.
Sonja applies her passion and uses an approach founded in the Integrated Systems Model (ISM) to look at a person as a whole to get to the root of the problem. She ensures her patients feel heard and understood as they navigate their way towards well-being. Sonja has a passion for pelvic health, chronic pain and complex musculoskeletal conditions. Sonja is honoured to work with her clients, and genuinely loves what she does.
Beyond physiotherapy, she enjoys spending time outside hiking, running, skiing and exploring the island with her baby girl, husband and dog.
Sonja de Milliano
Registered Physiotherapist, MScPt, Acupuncture Canada Certified
Photo Credit: RAD Media
- Bachelor of Science with specialization in Immunology and Infection - University of Alberta (2013)
- Master of Science in Physical Therapy - University of Alberta (2016)
- Over 5 years experience helping women navigate pregnancy and post-partum stages of life.
- Special interest in pelvic health, including treating: pelvic pain, painful intercourse, endometriosis, chronic pelvic pain, urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, birth preparation, diastasis recti, pregnancy pain, men's health (incontinence, sports and umbilical hernia).
- Level II Hypopressive instructor
- The Female Athlete Course - The Physio Detective/Antony Lo (2018)
- Integrated Systems Model - Diane Lee (2018)
- Acupuncture Canada Certified (2017)
- Visceral Manipulation Practitioner - Barral Institute (2017)
- Craniosacral Therapy Level 1 and 2 - Upledger Institute (2017 and 2019)
- Physical Therapy Approach to Female and Male Urinary Incontinence - Pelvic Health Solutions (2016)
- Female and Male Pelvic Pain - Pelvic Health Solutions (2017)
- The Physiotherapy Approach to Dyspareunia - UroSante (2017)
- Hypopressives Level 1 and Level 2 - Hypopressives Canada (2017 and 2018)
- K-Taping Women’s Health Practitioner (2016)
- CPA Orthopedic Division Manual Therapy Level 1 (2015)
- Lululemon Seawheeze half marathon finisher (2014, 2015)
- Canmore CAUSE Canada Half Marathon finisher (2015, 2016, 2017)
- Canada Association of Ski Instructors - Level 1 Instructor